Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Little Blessings!

Blessing #1 happened this morning.

Despite two events causing stress in the hen house...a) Gary cleaning the henhouse floor on the weekend and b) the nasty winter weather we've had this week...still,
we get eggs.

My in-laws used to keep hens. I never understood why anyone would keep chickens when you could buy the eggs cheaper in the grocery store.
I get it now.
There is something remarkable about going out in the morning, and finding a perfectly shaped egg, being kept warm by the hen. The hens don't ask for much and in return, they will feed your family.

Blessing #2
I found this beautiful mohair blanket at Value Village. What a bargain!


Blessing #3
I have had some time to do some handpainting this past week.

Blessing #4
This last one isn't a little blessing, this is a BIG blessing.

....that I have so many positive people in my life, that I can quickly forget about the negative ones....


I hope that you can count many blessings in your life today.

5 comments:

marj. said...

Yes we have many blessings - sometimes they are hard to see and sometimes we need to be reminded. Thank you, I will now go be thankful that my animals' digestive systems are functioning;)

Norma from Misty Haven Alpacas said...

Oh, Marj - you are just too funny. At least the poop that you can shovel is so much better for you than the other type of poop we put up with in life.
N

Azure Accessories said...

What a wonderful post Norma...you are absolutely right we should count our blessings!

Blessing #5 for you is you take great photographs...you make even an egg look great! :0)

Cheers

Norma from Misty Haven Alpacas said...

Actually - that photo background in high-res on my screen made me dizzy!!
I have an older digital auto-everything that eats batteries. I am hoping to upgrade to a Nikon SLR this year so that I get to use all my attachments from my pre-digital days (my old film Nikon got destroyed).
Take care Heather.
N

Zenitude said...

Love the blanket and the handpainted yarn! You are right, it's important to recognize the little pleasures of life.