Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Things I Hate to Find
It's been a good month, except for these things I've found:
1. Fresh Bear Poop in the backyard.
2. Potato Bugs on my potato plants...ick!
3. A Snake laying on my mattress at the trailer.
4. My bean stalks with the all tops eaten off.
5. Droplets of blood on the barn floor.
6. Groundhogs smorgasbording in my garden.
7. Earwigs...(visions of the Star Trek episode where they crawl in EARS!!!!)...anywhere.
8. A Snake laying on my mattress at the trailer. NOTE: This entry has been repeated on purpose. IT WAS IN THERE AGAIN TWO WEEKS LATER!!! Both times we dispatched in a "kind-to-all-the-forest-creatures" sort of way (when I say 'we', I mean my husband did the handling while I ran around my campground with my hands in the air screaming like a fool). I am kind of freaking out about it...if it was the same snake, we can solve the problem in a different sort of way. My fear is that he's found the accomodation agreeable and invited friends and relatives into the nooks and crannies of the RV and that they are all waiting to find a warm body in the bed to snuggle up to.
I'm not getting that "being one with nature" feeling lately...